22 July 2015

Snow White Must Die by Nele Neuhaus

I read it in French because in fall 2012 there was no English version, I had heard about it all year in both France and Korea, and because I thought it would make me keep French a little fresher.

It was very gripping in the first half. Even past the first two thirds, I couldn't wait to get home and get everything done so I could read it. There's so many suspicious characters, and so many possibilities.

But towards the end, you had an idea of what was about to happen, but it took too long, so it got a little boring. Also, yes, the detectives are human and have lives and it affects their investigations, etc., etc., but sometimes they were distracting and made the story lose momentum.

I don't know if I would read another Neuhaus, but I certainly enjoyed it. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I was able to read really fast (in English) on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment