04 September 2011

little joys

It's cliché, but it's so important to remember to take pleasure in the little, everyday things.

Here are two tumblrs I found today that exemplify that:

BKFST

I want to try everything!




little things


Every time at mass, when they pray for people--those with illnesses, those coping with death, those with friends and family abroad in uniform, those suffering from injustice, poverty, natural disasters...a feeling of jolt comes to me, reminding me how fortunate I am. Just by luck, I was born into an environment where I was allowed to be happy, healthy, educated, and materially comfortable. But still, I grumble and complain, when things like having a refrigerated yogurt for breakfast and having the time and leisure to read and reread novels are unimaginable luxury for many people around us!



No comments:

Post a Comment