11 November 2010

Sometimes...

It's hard to listen to your constant stream of worries and concerns.
It's hard to be sympathetic all the time.
It's hard to be understanding all the time.
It's hard to be selfless all the time.

I want you to listen to my problems, too.
I want you to rage at unfairness done me, too.
I want you to know I'm not just bubbly happy all the time, either.
I want you to know my life isn't as perfect as you seem to think.

That's why I admire the ones who are sympathetic, understanding, selfless all the time.
That's why I admire the ones who does not exaggerate the negatives in their life,
nor go on and on about them, nor keep holding onto them forever,
but state them reasonably and moderately, and only when necessary.
That's why I admire the ones who are mature in the true sense, not the such-a-bore sense.

That's what I strive for, but so hard to reach.

But still, sometimes, I want to lean on you just as you lean on me....

No comments:

Post a Comment